Inner Peace Movement International in Australia (IPMI) values and respects the privacy of the people we deal with. IPMI is committed to protecting your privacy and complying with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act) and other applicable privacy laws and regulations.
What is personal information?
“Personal information” means any information or opinion, whether true or not, and whether recorded in a material form or not, about an identified individual or an individual who is reasonably identifiable. In general terms, this includes information or an opinion that personally identifies you either directly (e.g. your name) or indirectly.
What personal information do we collect?
The personal information we collect about you depends on the nature of your dealings with us or what you choose to share with us.
The personal information we collect about you may include:
- mailing or street address
- email address
- phone or mobile number
- the programme or course you attended
You do not have to provide us with your personal information. Where possible, we will give you the option to interact with us anonymously or by using a pseudonym. However, if you choose to deal with us in this way or choose not to provide us with your personal information, we may not be able to provide you with our services or otherwise interact with you.
How do we collect your personal information?
We collect your personal information directly from you when you:
● interact with us over the phone;
● interact with us in person;
● interact with us online;
● participate in surveys or questionnaires;
● attend an IPMI event;
● subscribe to our mailing list;
● apply for a position with us as a volunteer;
How do we use your personal information?
We use personal information for many purposes in connection with our functions and activities, including the following purposes:
● provide you with information or services that you request from us;
● deliver to you a more personalised experience and service offering;
● improve the quality of the services we offer;
● internal administrative purposes;
● marketing and research purposes;
Disclosure of personal information to third parties
We may disclose your personal information to third parties in accordance with this Policy in circumstances where you would reasonably expect us to disclose your information. For example, we may disclose your personal information to:
● our third party service providers (for example, our IT providers);
● our marketing providers;
● our professional services advisors;
IPMI have a contract with Wayshowers College to supply IPMI with course materials. As part of the courses attendees will receive a certification card and this requires IPMI to share your persoanl information, however, we will not share your personal information, iif you do not wish and this means you will not receive this certification card.
IPMI also have a relationship with Peace Community Church International Limited ACN: 113 928 785 who use our website for a presence and provide their followers with information, however, they do not have any access to any personal information that we collect as part of IPMI business, nor do we share any information without your express permission.
How do we protect your personal information?
IPMI will take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information that we hold about you is kept confidential and secure, including by:
● having a robust physical security of our premises and databases / records;
● taking measures to restrict access to only personnel who need that personal information to effectively provide services to you;
● having technological measures in place (for example, anti-virus software, fire walls);
Links to third party sites
IPMI website(s) may contain links to websites operated by third parties. If you access a third party website through our website(s), personal information may be collected by that third party website. We make no representations or warranties in relation to the privacy practices of any third party provider or website and we are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of any third party provider or website. Third party providers / websites are responsible for informing you about their own privacy practices and we encourage you to read their privacy policies.
Financial transactions on our website
- All transaction are for Inner Peace Movement International Limited. ABN: 62 113 283 382
- All transactions are processed in AUD
- Refund policy for programme and courses: We offer a 3 day cooling off period for courses. Please email [email protected] within 3 business days of enrolling into the programme or course. The money paid will be held in credit after the 3 day cooling off period is over. Your credits may not be claimed as a cash refund.
- Refund policy for products: We offer a 30 day replacement period for faulty products. Please email [email protected] within 1 month of receiving the product.
- Security policy: When purchasing from IPMI your financial details are passed through a secure server using the latest 128-bit SSL (secure sockets layer) encryption technology.128-bit SSL encryption is approximated to take at least one trillion years to break, and is the industry standard. If you have any questions regarding our security policy, please contact [email protected]
We may send you direct marketing communications and information about our services, opportunities, or events that we consider may be of interest to you if you have requested or consented to receive such communications. These communications may be sent in various forms, including mail, SMS, fax and email, in accordance with applicable marketing laws, such as the Australian Spam Act 2003 (Cth). You consent to us sending you those direct marketing communications by any of those methods. If you indicate a preference for a method of communication, we will endeavour to use that method whenever practical to do so.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways;
- using the one-click unsubscribe link found at the bottom of all email correspondence;
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at the details on our contact page;
We will not sell, distribute, lease or disclose your personal information to any third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
If you wish to make a request to access and / or correct the personal information we hold about you, you should make a request by contacting us in our contact page and we will usually respond within 5 working days. We will deal with such a request by following the procedure outlined below:
- Respond in the form of an email providing and confirming all information requested and or updated in our database.
Retention of personal information
We will not keep your personal information for longer than we need to. In most cases, this means that we will only retain your personal information for the duration of your relationship with us unless we are required to retain your personal information to comply with applicable laws, for example record-keeping obligations.
Inquiries and complaints
For complaints about how IPMI handles, processes or manages your personal information, please contact us in our Contact page. Note we may require proof of your identity and full details of your request before we can process your complaint. Please allow up to 5 working days for IPMI to respond to your complaint. It will not always be possible to resolve a complaint to everyone’s satisfaction. If you are not satisfied with IPMI’s response to a complaint, you have the right to contact the Office of Australian Information Commissioner (at www.oaic.gov.au/) to lodge a complaint.
How to contact us
If you have a question or concern in relation to our handling of your personal information or this Policy, you can contact us for assistance as follows:
Email [email protected]
Contact number 0473 587 328
Post Attention: IPMI Privacy Officer, Address: 45 Ceres Street, Penrith, NSW, 2750